All parking on campus is allocated and signed for specific uses. A ParkEMU permit or paid hourly parking is required at all times, and parking regulations are enforced 24/7.
Permits provide access to designated surface and garage parking, depending on the type of permit purchased. However, permit holders parked in designated surface lot hourly parking spaces and at single-space meters are required to pay the hourly rate.
It is the customer’s obligation to use the permit in accordance with parking rules and regulations. Parking permits may not be shared and are not transferable to another individual.
A parking permit does not guarantee the holder a specific parking space. It provides the opportunity to park within an area designated for a specific permit type. Drivers are responsible for finding an authorized parking space. Lack of available space, inclement weather, or other conditions do not justify parking illegally.
The university is a 24/7 operation, and not every customer who purchases a permit parks on campus at the same time. As a result, there are always available parking spaces for the different permit options. Cutting off the sale of a parking permit to a customer who has a need for it becomes challenging to defend when there are empty spaces where the customer could park.
- Read all parking signs before you park.
- Allow enough time to park and walk to your destination.
- Remember the allotted amount of time when you are parked at a meter or in an hourly parking space.
- If your vehicle experiences mechanical difficulties and you are parked illegally, please contact ParkEMU to report the incident. Parking light flashers and notes on the dashboard do not authorize illegal parking.
The parking system allows flexibility to move around campus, but this also means that at times you may not find parking in the exact location you prefer to park because the spaces for your permit designation are filled. There are consistently available surface parking spaces in Green Lot 1, Green Lot 2 (for permit holders) and the Student Center Paid Lot (for visitors).
There are many areas on campus where it might appear that a car would fit, when in fact it is not a legal parking space. We are required, for safety reasons, to maintain specific widths in drive aisles. Parking spaces are always designated with two painted lines on each side. If a car is parked in a space that has only one line or in an area marked with yellow hash marks or a large “X,” it is not a legal space, and a citation may be issued. For additional details, please view the parking map.
ParkEMU can issue a refund to you once the following steps are completed:
1. Purchase the correct permit.
2. Send an e-mail to ParkEMUhelp@lazparking.com requesting a refund. Please include your name, purchase confirmation number from the incorrectly purchased permit, and the confirmation number of the correctly purchased permit.
3. Once the confirmation number is confirmed in our system, ParkEMU will issue a refund.
4. The refund will be credited to your account within 5-7 business days.
ParkEMU allows TWO license plates to be added on to a single permit. Please note that both vehicles are NOT permitted to be on campus at the same time. If both vehicles are on campus at the same time, a citation can be issued to the vehicles found in violation of sharing a permit.