Over the last few months, ParkEMU has been closely following legislative developments surrounding COVID-19. In response to Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer’s shelter-in-place order, and at the suggestion of public health officials, our on-campus operations have changed to create and maintain a safer parking experience both for our staff and the EMU community.
- While our on-campus parking enforcement officially resumed as of June 1st, 2020, our campus parking office remains closed until further notice in order to maintain social distancing protocol.
- ParkEMU continues to manage the parking office remotely. However, semester-based permits, Text-to-Park permits, and overnight passes can all still be purchased online and utilized in our on-campus lots.
- ParkEMU has significantly increased the thoroughness and frequency of cleaning procedures across campus, in particular the disinfecting of high-touch points such as doorknobs, handrails, guest parking lot machinery, and elevator buttons.
ParkEMU offers several touchless parking options to minimize contact with surfaces and to maintain social distancing measures. These options include:
- Contactless permit purchasing: all staff/faculty and student permits can be purchased online at ParkEMU.com. While we are happy to help you by phone to find the parking product that best meets your needs, the entire registration process can be done from the safety and comfort of your own home.
- Text-to-Park: for parkers who wish to use the on-campus parking meters without the need for coins, or park in an open parking lot without a standard permit, ParkEMU offers Text-to-Park technology to pay your parking fee. When parking at a metered parking space or in a lot with a Text-to-Park sign, simply follow the posted payment instructions. Click here for more information on Text-to-Park locations.
- Overnight Parking: Overnight parking permits may be purchased on the ParkEMU website. No parking is permitted in most parking facilities after 2am unless the parker purchases an overnight permit. Like our standard permits and Text-to-Park products, these permits are verified using License Plate Recognition technology and do not require a physical hang tag. Click here to purchase Overnight parking.
- Curbside Vendor Permit Pickup: vendors who need to park on campus to complete university sanctioned projects can contact our office via phone or email (information found below) to inquire about purchasing vendor permits. You will receive an invoice that can be paid online, and the pass will be brought to your vehicle. Please note that vendor permit curbside orders are fulfilled by appointment only.
As of July 1st, 2020, we now offer a touchless parking option that will allow parkers to gain access to the guest parking facilities with a QR code on their mobile device.
To stay up-to-date on future developments, be sure to check your Emich emails or visit our website. For more information on LAZ Parking’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, please feel free to visit the LAZ Parking website.
Please note that Summer 2020 student permits are available for purchase on our website. If you have any questions about which parking product is right for you, please email us at ParkEMUHelp@LAZParking.com or call (734) 217-4892, M-F 8am-5pm.